Sunday, November 30, 2008

Cross-stitch party!

So, Archie bowls on Monday nights this year, and a couple of weeks ago we had a cross-stitch party! Rebekah is working on one for a project for YW, and the others are doing some Christmas decorations just for fun.

Rebekah, Nathan and Joanna working hard on my bed.



Miriam working on hers, while I hang-out and check out her progress. Yes, that's my graduation tassel hanging on the wall behind us. Pathetic, I know.


Joanna finished hers a couple of days later!! It reads "Warm Hearts."


Rebekah finished an ornament which reads "Joy" before she decided if she wanted to tackle a bigger project for YW.


Nathan and Miriam are still working on theirs...I'll post pictures as soon as they are finished.


I have to say that I have a really challenging cross stitch that I've been working on for seriously 7 years. When the kids were first working on theirs they wanted me to get mine out and show it to them. I did, and they really loved it. It's the kind of project that I work on for several hours a day for a week or two, and then I just have to put it away. This whole thing was during one of the "put-it-away" periods, and so I was bemoaning how hard and difficult it was. The kids were all so supportive, telling me "you can do it" and "it will look so good when you are done" and "look how much progress you've already made" and other sweet and encouraging things.

I have the best kids ever.

PS: Randy H.----I started this post with a "So" as a tribute to you. I've been keeping up with your darling blog, but I can't comment!! (I think the comments are turned off??) SO I'll have to do it on my own blog! :)

5 comments:

Randi said...

Wait, am I Randy H?
Because a)my comments are definitely turned on. and 2) Ummm, you suddenly forgot after 30 years how to spell my name.

Just sayin.

I want to see a picture of your cross stitch!! The kids' look great. What a great mom thing to do!

Jennifer said...

What a cool thing to teach the kids. And their projects look great!

I want to see yours too!! Even when it is not done!

Sheryl said...

I too would like to see your cross stitch in progress. I'm glad everyone is busy with Christmas projects. So much fun!

Kristi said...

Hey there Becky and family! I just found your blog on the Heckerts. I was so excited! It was fun to catch up on your family the past few months. Our blog is private so send me your e-mail and I'll send you an invite. We'd love to keep in touch! Happy Holidays!
Love, Kristi Whetten

Stephanie Abney said...

Cute background (or, uh, foreground?)... anyway, darling!! Fun stuff but I have you beat. I started a FABULOUS and intircate cross stitch of the prophet Joseph Smith over 25 years ago. If I ever find it, I'm sure I'll just have to start over (and I was 3/4 done) but it must be lost in the storage shed so doubt if there is any hope... carry on my cute and clever grandchildren ~ stitch away!!