Friday, October 17, 2008

Graduation Day!


So, one of the more exciting things that has happened to us in the last few months is my graduation from dental school. It occurred on June 14, here in Mesa. It was so wonderful to have family here and to get to celebrate finishing this huge undertaking.









The ceremony was pretty short for a graduate program (less than an hour). It was great for me to have Dad place my hood. At one point, after we all had walked the stage and received our hoods, they had all the graduates stand up and turn around to see our family and supporters. It was so wonderful. They were all cheering and clapping. I looked up and felt so lucky to have so many members of my family there. It was wonderful to have Runyans and Abneys alike. Call me silly and romantic, but what got me choked up was seeing Archie up there, cheering for me, with a huge smile on his face. It was so nice for everyone to come. And I know that there were other members of my family who were unable to come, but were thinking of me, and were there in spirit. I feel so blessed.


Me and some of my good friends (these are the LDS students from my class). Our school and class was so wonderful because we really worked hard and helped each other out. We all had strengths and weaknesses, and were willing to lend our strengths to help everyone push through their weaknesses. I already miss these guys so much!



Joanna, Archie, Nathan, Me, Rebekah, and Miriam.



I love this picture of me and my dad.


Dad, me and Mom.


Me with Jim and Stephanie Abney.


Gavin, Marissa, Jenny, me and Tiffany.



Me with Kaci and Adam Carlson.


Me with Jason and Mandy Leavitt.


After the ceremony we had a luncheon/party. Kneaders catered, and everyone LOVED the food. A friend from my ward did the decorating and planning, and it turned out beautifully. The colors were white, black and yellow, with sort of a Mediterranian theme. It was great. I loved being able to celebrate with the people who supported and helped me get thru it.

School was way hard, but as Grandma Althea used to say.... I can do things that are hard. Especially with a family as great as mine!

3 comments:

Randi said...

What great pictures! I love them. And what a huge undertaking !! You can definitely do things that are hard.
congratulations!~

Jennifer said...

What a great day! I love it when it seems like things come together and you can look at it and say "I finished it!"

Did I get the pictures to you that took. I can't remember......yikes!

beckers said...

Jen, you emailed me a bunch of pics, but I also thought you said you had made a disc for me. I didn't get the disc from you. And I know that you took pictures at the party, and you probably emailed some to me, but I can't find any.... :(

Thanks so much for doing the pics!